The built environment is always evolving and using new technologies and practices. This course will expand your knowledge in the civil engineering fields of design, infrastructure planning, sustainability, project management and transport engineering.
You will increase your skills and knowledge of areas such as:
- infrastructure planning and management
- infrastructure asset management
- railway infrastructure
- engineering geology and advanced laboratory testing
- stability of earth structures
- advanced transport infrastructure.
There is a strong and growing demand for civil engineers in Australia and overseas, particularly in Southeast Asia and East Asia. Demand is expected to grow by 21.9% up to 2024.
The salary for civil engineers is around $100,000–120,000 per year.
Further study options:
- Australian Bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in Engineering, Science or Technology with a major in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Engineering systems, Structural or Mining engineering with a minimum GPA of 2.0 out of 4.0
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0) or equivalent
If you have a relevant degree (as above) and a GPA of at least 1.5 out of 4, you may be considered if you have either:
- at least 3 years of relevant industry experience
- an Australian postgraduate qualification (or international equivalent) in a related discipline (as above).
If you have no relevant qualification, you may be considered if you have at least 10 years of relevant industry experience.
Note: International qualifications are compared with Australian qualifications in line with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Locations: Adelaide,Gold Coast,Melbourne,Perth,Sydney
Length of course: 2 years full time years full time
Course Fee (AUD): $38,000–41,000 per year
Note: These pricing details were correct at the time of publication. Please check with the university for any changes.Enroll Now