This qualification prepares you for leadership roles in the global power engineering and energy sectors. You will expand your advanced skills in power engineering, and business skills in communication, teamwork and management.
The course focuses on technical areas of electrical engineering, including:
- renewable energy
- power electronic converter systems
- high-voltage and protection systems
- power transmission and distribution
- building services
- industry control and automation.
As Australia focuses more on renewable energy, electrical engineers can help transform Australia’s power industry from traditional fossil fuels to renewable energy sources.
You may work in the electrical supply industry, using your knowledge of transformers, motors and generators across all operational areas.
Further study options:
- Australian Bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Communication Engineering or Network Engineering with a minimum GPA of 2.0 out of 4.0
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0) or equivalent.
If you have a relevant degree (as above) and a GPA of at least 1.5 out of 4, you may be considered if you have either:
- at least 3 years of relevant industry experience
- an Australian postgraduate qualification (or international equivalent) in a related discipline (as above).
If you have no relevant qualification, you may be considered if you have at least 10 years of relevant industry experience.
Note: International qualifications are compared with Australian qualifications in line with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Locations: Adelaide,Gold Coast,Melbourne,Perth,Sydney
Length of course: 2 years full time years full time
Course Fee (AUD): $37,360–42,000 per year
Note: These pricing details were correct at the time of publication. Please check with the university for any changes.Enroll Now